ACER ASPIRE 1
Table Of Contents
- 1 ACER ASPIRE 1
- 1.1 About the Brand: Acer Inc
- 1.2 Who’s It For?
- 1.3 What We Don’t Like About Acer Aspire 1
- 1.4 What’s Included?
- 1.5 General Model Information
- 1.6 Let’s take a look at the features in detail:
The Acer Aspire 1 is a laptop that comes with the latest Windows 10 operating system and an impressive display. Powered by two Celeron dual-core processors, this netbook offers more than enough power for most tasks at home or work!
The sleek design will suit any style according to your needs so take one today before they’re gone forever
The Aspire 1 is the perfect gadget for everyday use, with its ability to provide increased productivity. Now you can enjoy faster loading times and improved performance when browsing internet sites or playing games on this device!
The graphics are also more detailed than before making your display even clearer while using applications such as Facebook which may take up a significant amount of time in doing so now without any hassle at all because everything moves quickly from start to end thanks again bossy little thing called “Acer.”
The Intel Celeron N4000 processor allows you to take your screen time without interruption, with all the features that come standard.
About the Brand: Acer Inc
Acer is a well-known company for its high-quality products and competitive prices. They offer customers an extensive range of options to choose from, with affordable pricing that meets every budget need!
Acer has been a major player in the tech industry for years and their products continue to innovate. Whether you’re looking at gaming computers, tablets with long-lasting batteries so your kids can play on the go or business laptops that don’t weigh too much but still have all of Microsoft Office installed – Acer’s got what you need!
Acer is best known as an electronics company but they also make household names like Desktops/Notebooks which includes upgrades such as better graphics cards if required by gamers due to them being hooked up 24*7; Storage Devices where users will find SSD drives offer gigabytes per second read speeds coupled by high-grade warranty coverage including accidental damage protection plans Acer has the perfect laptop for you! The Aspire 1 is small and sleek, yet it packs powerful hardware into its compact frame. Plus with all of these great features at an affordable price point – there’s no wonder why people love their Acer laptops so much.
In addition to being fashionable as well beautiful on top of function-oriented, they are also very durable making them last years even if used every day as some other brands might struggle against heavy-duty use which shows how seriously committed this company really tries hard to make everything The features of this laptop are controlled and managed by the CPU, which means you can choose between Intel’s latest Atoms or AMD’s newer models.
This laptop is not just any other ordinary computer. It has been customized by Quanta Computers, the manufacturer of Acer Aspire, and pre-installed with eSobi News Center software!
Who’s It For?
The ideal customers include students and those looking to use the laptop for business.
• As the first of its line, the Acer Aspire 1 has since seen many updates and changes to its operating system, hardware, software, and other technology that went into creating it. So, if you’re in the market and looking for a sturdy and reliable laptop for your personal use, then the Acer Aspire 1 is a good fit for you.
• It is easy to launch and set up, and you do not have to be too tech-savvy to know how to use this device. So, if you’re a beginner and this is the first time using a laptop, then you’re covered.
• If you need something affordable and within a budget, perhaps a device for your family room, where your kids can surf the internet for anything related to school work, or you want to watch a few videos, then the Acer Aspire 1 has got you covered. It is a user-friendly and secure device for adults and children alike.
This is not suitable for:
• It is, however, not the laptop you’re looking for if you require a long battery life, as this model only possesses an average battery backup. You can’t forget the charger and adapter at home if you’re taking this to class or work for the day.
• Similarly, if you’re an aspiring writer who is constantly tapping away at the keyboard, then you might find that the keys are too wobbly for you to get optimal comfort while using them. But, you will get used to it, once you’ve worked on the laptop for some time and have familiarised yourself with how the keys are arranged.
• Let’s face it, if you’re looking for something high end, with a lot of features, flashy software updates, comes with oodles of in-built or expandable storage, you’re probably better off buying something more suited to your specifications on the higher end of the spectrum in terms of cost and performance. The Acer Aspire 1 is a sturdy and reliable laptop slash notebook. It’s like a solid bowl of tomato soup, with a side of grilled cheese, not filet mignon.
What We Don’t Like About Acer Aspire 1
No product is universally liked, and to be honest, a device with absolutely no negative reviews, criticism, or complaints definitely comes across as fishy.
So, while the reviews were largely positive and highlighted the compatibility of the Acer Aspire 1, there were obviously customers who bought the laptop and believed that it could have offered better features in certain areas:
• Poor battery life and below-average backup battery
• While it is okay for playing light games, it is not compatible with heavy or advanced gaming
• It does not come with adequate internal storage
• No CD drive or slot to be found in this model of the laptop
Now that we’ve been through what the average customer has to say about the Acer Aspire 1, here is a condensed list of the pros and cons for you to read through and consider, based on the devise function, performance, and productivity.
Now we get to the best part of buying a laptop. It’s time for the unboxing. When you pop open the carefully- packaged Acer Aspire 1, here’s what you’ll find inside.
• The Acer Aspire 1 Laptop
• Power adaptor to plug into the laptop
• An extension cord that plugs into the power adaptor on one end and the socket on the other end
• A one year warranty
• A variety of manuals that include an information pamphlet, a software update manual, a recovery DVD, and an Application Manual
Apart from the above contents, you might have to additionally purchase:
• The sleeve or pouch to put your Acer Aspire into. These are easily available to order on Amazon. Make sure you order a sleeve that is the correct size for your Acer Aspire 1’s 15.6-inch display
• Additional memory and storage- external or cloud.
• Mouse- wireless or otherwise.
General Model Information
Model BO7YN7F9XFSeries -Aspire 1Item model number- Aspire 1
Processor Brand/ Manufacturer – IntelProcessor type – CeleronProcessor Model N4000Processor speed- 1.10 GHzProcessor core – Dual-core
CPU and Hardware
CPU Model Manufacturer – IntelCPU Speed – 2.6 GHzHardware platform – PCHard Drive Interface Serial ATA-600
Standard Memory: 4 GB Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM Memory Card Reader: No
Optical Drive Type: No Memory Capacity of 64 GB
Operating System – Windows 10Operating System Architecture – 64 bit
Graphics Memory Accessibility: SharedDisplay Screen Type: LCDDisplay Screen Technology: ComfyViewScreen Mode: HDBacklight Technology: LEDScreen Resolution: 1366 x 768
Battery and power
Power Source – Battery-powered number of Cells: 2-cell Battery Chemistry: Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)Battery Capacity: 4810 mAh Maximum battery life – 6.50 Hour
Port and Slot Features
Number of USB 3.0 port – 1SD card slot – YesHDMI port – YesEthernet port – YesHeadphone/mic combo jackNumber of USB 2.0 ports – 2DC Power Jack
Dimensions – 9.90 inch x 14.30inch x 4.50 inchWeight (Approximate): 3.40 lb15.6 inc display/screen size
Ethernet Technology: Gigabit EthernetBluetooth Standard: Bluetooth
Warranty – 1 yearLockport – Kensington Lockport
Let’s take a look at the features in detail:
The Acer Aspire 1 comes in a sleek, stylish, yet sturdy design that is built to withstand everyday use. The FHD resolution gives users an unhindered and true-life-colored, 15.6-inch display, with a narrow bezel design. The chassis is not just attractive to look at but is great to feel and touch.
If you are looking for a variety of colors, however, you’ll be disappointed to know that the Acer Aspire 1 only comes in black.
The brushed aluminum finish on the lid, along with the silver Acer Logo in the center is a nice touch to finish off this outer look of the laptop. It is definitely a sleek-looking device, especially at the rate it is sold at, and manages to up the ante in terms of external design and overall image. It also comes with a stepped platform on the back that elevates the screen.
Let’s talk about the dimensions. The Acer Aspire 1 weighs just under 3.5 pounds at 3.4 pounds. It is nowhere as near as heavy as other models in this range like the Inspiron 15 3000 which is way over 5 pounds. Aspire 1 is as slim as the HP Stream at 14.30 inches x 9.90 inches x 4.50 inches.
There is much that one can appreciate about the performance of the Acer Aspire 1. It comes with a dual-core processor and 4GB of RAM. While it is not a hard-core gaming device, it does provide an adequate gaming experience.
There is no noticeable lag while using multiple tabs on Google Chrome. So you can just as easily be watching a video on youtube while having multiple tabs running in the back. Multi-tasking on this device has been made much easier owing to this. If you’re a student and need to make notes or do research on multiple websites and online journals, you will find that it is easy to flit between windows, tabs, and applications while you work. The Acer Aspire is targeted towards students, after all.
The device does tend to warm up just a bit, so make sure you take enough breaks in between your work to rest your eyes and give your laptop just a little time to cool off. This is only an issue if you tend to keep the device on your lap while you work. When you place it on a flat surface like a desk or a table, the rest area does not show any signs of heat.
While the laptop’s battery life is estimated to last for 6.5hours, it leaves much to be desired in terms of the amount of screen time it actually manages to provide in the end-middle- of the day. There are several options available in the market that easily gives you anywhere between 8-10 hours of battery life. So if this is a factor that is very important for you, if you rely heavily on having a lot of battery power all day long, then this device might fall short of your expectations.
Moreover, it takes around 2 hours for the laptop to charge from 0% to 100%, which is, again, much longer than what other laptops take to juice up.
The Acer Aspire 1 is charged with a pin-style adapter. With a two-cell Li-on or Lithium-ion battery and a battery capacity of 4810 mAh, one expects more in the way of battery life in the Acer Aspire 1.
So, the Acer Aspire 1 comes with Windows 10 in S mode, which makes it a great choice for anybody who’s looking for a little extra security. If you’re wondering what exactly that is, it is a version of Windows 10 that is streamlined for security and performance, while maintaining the usual and familiar Windows 10 experience. To increase security, this only permits apps found in the Microsoft Store, by limiting third-party apps.
You also require Microsoft Edge for safe surfing. Not a fan of this particular model? No worries, you can just revert to the original Windows 10 Home, in short, simple steps. Besides Windows 10, a few more apps, games, and software are already pre-installed into the system. These include Candy Crush, Amazon, and Fitbit, to name a few.
Taking up too much of the already limited space? Don’t worry, they can all be uninstalled.
Another amazing feature is that it comes with one entire year of free Office 365.
Not sure how to go about this? Just call customer service and they will help get you set up.
Storage and Memory
I’ll be honest with you…you will find certain storage restrictions that you will have to deal with in this model.
Of the 64 GB of storage, the OS and other preinstalled software eat up all but 41.6GB, leaving you with just the bare minimum, with no way to extend your storage. The storage and RAM are fitted in the motherboard, making it impossible to add an internal drive. This means you are stuck with the existing RAM and RAM speed of 2400 MHz, and will not have any room to get additional storage.
There’s no memory card slot either, so if you need more space for files, you’ll need an external drive or cloud storage.
However, its 64GB eMMC flash storage ensures that Windows launches and boots up relatively quickly when you compare it with the older, slow-spinning hard drives you often find in lower-end laptops.
Port and Connectivity
If you remember reading the product’s features overview a little while ago, you will have noticed a variety of USB ports run along either side of the device, on the left and the right.
• The Ethernet port enables you to plug in an Ethernet cable. This will help you get access to faster internet speed and connectivity. Now, you won’t have to deal with weak wireless connections.
• A USB 3.O port to facilitate faster transfer of data available on the other side
• Next is a slot for an SD card, However, you should know that this will be problematic as the card juts outs, should you be needing to expand the laptop’s available storage with an
• The device also has a slot for an HDMI output port that will deliver 4K at 30FPS.
• There is also a two-in-one jack that can be used to connect headphones or speakers. While these are relatively slow, you can still connect them to compatible devices, and do not require high connectivity.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The device is equipped to connect to any Wireless network. You can make the most of this and connect to multiple wireless networks at your will.
This laptop comes with access to Bluetooth (4.1) Connection. You can use this to easily connect to different wireless devices: a wireless mouse or earphones, perhaps.
The keyboard is a FineTip keyboard with an independent Standard Numeric Keypad. Built a little larger and spread a little wider across, the keyboard needs to be reworked for better utility.
However, there have been some issues reported by users who complain that they have to get used to the arrangement of the keys. How the keys are arranged, as well as the keys you will find next to the Space Key and Enter Key are going to take a little working around and getting adapted to. The keys have also been reported to be a little wobbly, but they’ll get the work done. Spending a few hours on the device should be more than enough to work out this little glitch.
However, the overall experience of using the keyboard in the Acer Aspire 1, compared to some of the other Acer laptops.
The Acer Aspire 1 comes with a touchpad, but this too has been reported to be only average. It does, however, use Windows precision to support gestures better.
Acer’s webcam is just functional, and for the competitive price that the laptop is sold at, it would seem there were compromises made on the quality of the webcam in the Acer Aspire 1 model. The quality you get from the pictures and videos leaves much to be desired, perhaps even for the price that it is sold at. Users have complained of the grainy and hazy quality of the pictures and videos.
If you regularly need to use a webcam to attend daily business meetings or keep in touch with your family via Skype, you might consider buying a laptop with better photo and webcam quality. Or, you can always chip in a little extra- if you’re otherwise happy with this laptop- and spend a little more on buying a better quality webcam.
Another flaw in the Acer Aspire 1 that will hopefully be reworked and corrected in the next version is the rather unfortunate placement of the speakers. The laptop’s two speakers are placed at the bottom of the device, with one on either side. When you place the laptop on your lap, or even place it on any surface, for that matter, any sound emitted will be muffled and unclear. This is rather a poor choice of location, a design flaw.
Talking about sound quality, while it is not optimal, it is more than adequate to watch videos, play movies, or listen to music.